In the 30s of the 19th century Ciechocinek started to become a health resort. The first bathhouse, that is natural therapy centre, was established in 1836 in so called “governmental guest hall” (in today’s Spa Park). Intensive development of Ciechocinek meant that there was a need to increase the ability to perform curative treatments, and in 1910 the construction of Łazienki II was started. It was designed by the architect Waldemar Fedders, who graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg. Fedders also designed concert bowl in the Spa Park.
The building of Łazienki II was designed in the Romanesque style. It was built on a rectangular plan with a considerable risalit in the middle and smaller risalits on the sides. Smaller risalits are finished with crenelage. On the ground floor Łazienki had cabins for peloid and mud baths with twenty four enamelled tubs. Mud baths were arranged in the Russian style with separate cabins for relaxation. On the first floor, there were sixty tubs for slat baths. In the new pavilion the electrotherapy department was arranged. One of the treatment rooms was intended for heliotherapy where the guests were treated with a quartz lamp and sollux lamp. In other rooms, there were apparatuses for electric baths, for hot air treatment and for heating the abdominal cavity. The remaining rooms were devoted to diathermy, which was very popular at that time. Right wing of the Łazienki housed a steam room. In 1928 the left wing of the building was reconstructed. The attic has been equipped with domers and the rooms for quests were located there. From the southern part the roof was raised and the corridor was brighten with windows. In 1959-63 the main entrance gained new decor, small rooms on the mezzanine were built, the hall was reconstructed, from the side of the courtyard two new strings were added in order to improve the functioning of mud treatments. In the first part, there were mud tanks and in the other there were cabins.
The property has been entered in the register of monuments by Decision of the Regional Conservator in Bydgoszcz 59/496/A dated 23.11.1964.
Facility operated continuously until the end of the 80s of the 20th century. After this period, due to the lack of founds on the maintenance, the technical condition underwent devastation. In the 90s of the twentieth century from Spa Enterprise Ciechocinek a public joint stock company was created, which at the beginning of the twenty-first century, was looking for investors willing to buy this, as well as other already ruined monuments, including the Łazienki III. Interesting fact is that at that time also ruined saline pool was offered for sale –it the largest in Europe, which has not lived to see the restoration.
Many historic properties that once constituted a single entity were divided into many smaller parcels. It is not always logical in terms of potential destinations and modern functions.
In 2003, the property was bought by a family company from Warsaw, which until the end of 2004 restored the object, at the same time reconstructing the interior corresponding to the architecture to the object. Inside, there are a number of elements of mahogany in the English style, also original antique floor mosaic fragments in the ground floor has been preserved in the style of the 20s of the twentieth century – similar can be found in the cafe at the Bristol Hotel in Warsaw.
Łazienki II, since it is in private hands, has never used any public funds in any form, never received grants, exemptions or reliefs from the Ministry of Culture or the city council.
The private owner from the moment of purchase in 2003, was arguing with the town hall of Ciechocinek about a ban on entry of heavy transport vehicles through the historic gate located between buildings of Łazienki II and Łazienki III. He eventually influenced the elimination of such absurdities and metallurgy and industrial processing of steel element on the back of the historical object Łazienki III.
Since August, 2013 the object underwent change of the operator, interior renovation with the replacement of equipment and complementing it.